I haven’t put a highlights and lowlights post together in a long time, so I thought I’d share some of my highlights and lowlights from June. I think I’ll do it again next month too, once a month seems good to me, instead of every other week, then never and then back to every other week. It gives me more time to write about other things that way.
June was a good month and I’m not just saying that because I can’t remember what we did – I knew I should have started this post two weeks ago when I thought about it. Next time. I’ll do that next time.
So, from what I can remember:
Highlights of the month
- Many things about PinkPop festival – getting a spot in the quiet camping and actually being able to sleep, the sunshine, the tent holding its own through the storm, seeing Robbie Williams perform, discovering a new band to enjoy; Kensington, remembering why I love Placebo and buying their tee, getting home in time to snuggle Pork Chop before he went to sleep for the day.
- Trying out an offline blog editor for blogging and feeling extra productive and less distracted. At least for a while. Although, I’m not convinced MarsEdit is worth it’s money – I’m currently trying the free trial – and might have to look into another one.
- Pork Chop. He’s always a highlight.
- Getting a bunch of cheap audiobooks in the Audible Birthday Sale, including a couple on my wish list.
- The possibility of a new job! Eeek. I have a meeting on Friday to discuss the position, which I’m very excited about.
- Saving ourselves some money by choosing to eat vegetarian completely instead of most of the time.
- Giving the house a good clean, well at least the kitchen and the bathroom. It’s a start.
- Running a whole half an hour!
- Ice cream on a boat.
- Discovering the town of Diest and exploring some more of Ghent.
- Planning our trip to Warsaw in September.
Lowlights of the month
- My phone battery dying. It was a sad time, I had to use a phone with a rubbish camera! Think of the Instagram photo quality!
- Fruit flies. Oh the many many fruit flies. But, I have a pretty nifty way of trapping them and removing them from the house.
- Waking up on Saturday to find I’d been bitten 10 times in the night by mosquitoes.
- Spending the month having a bit of a blog crisis, if that wasn’t evident by my need to preface every post lately with blog talk. But that’s over now.
- The news. Just in general. Damn that’s been a giant bag of laughs of late. Not.
Turns out I can’t remember anything else for the lowlights. I don’t even think we broke anything this month, we didn’t get lost or do anything stupid, which makes a change.
Also, since my phone has been on the fritz all month, I have hardly any photos and so I dug a few out from other months, let’s just pretend we haven’t seen them before!
What’s been a highlight and lowlight of your June?