Tags are all the rage right now. Tag are always all the rage in Blogland. Still, I like to ignore being tagged or nominated because despite dressing up to sound like a game, it actually sounds like blog homework. Homework wasn’t cool, or completed, when I was at school and it doesn’t sound any cooler in tag format.
But, with the limited spirit of Christmas that I have, I decided to honour being tagged by Amber in her post and put together a few answers to, wait for it, The Christmas Tag. Y’all know it’s Christmas, right? Twitter said.
To top everything off, I bookmarked a few of the other Christmas related tag posts, compiled all the questions into one low monthly repayment to provide you with the most extensive, albeit completely useless, collection of words on my personal Christmas thoughts.
Pictures are included so you have something to comment on without actually having to read the post.
Let’s. Get. Crack-er-ing.
1. Do you open your gifts on Christmas eve or Christmas day?
2. Favourite Christmas song?
Don’t think I really have a favourite, but as far as Christmas themed songs go, I wouldn’t say no to a bit of Shakin’ Stevens.
3. Favourite Christmas movie?
Either the BBC annual Christmas rerun or the BBC Christmas premiere. Either way, I’m cooking or napping so I’m not really watching.
4. Favourite Christmas decoration?
My sexy Jack Skellington tree topper.
5. Favourite Christmas food?
Stuffing and Yorkshire puddings, but that’s more of an all year round favourite.
6. Favourite Christmas drink?
Tea. The answer is always tea.
7. Snow or no snow?
Snow for the win!
8. Do you send out cards, or not at all?
We try to buy cards and send them. They are almost always late.
9. Do you secretly still believe in Santa Claus?
I never believed in Santa Claus. Ever.
10. Your favourite winter clothing item?
The duvet. On the sofa.
11. One beauty product that you can’t live without this winter?
Eyeliner. I probably could live without it but then people start to ask me if I’m sick or tired.
12. Best Christmas memory?
I’m torn between the time I received a lampshade as a gift, or toothbrush heads for Kris’s new electric toothbrush.
13. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Somewhere with lots and lots of snow. The snowed in, can’t get out the house kind of snow.
14. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
As work we refer to it was the ‘Shit List’, I am definitely on that.
15. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Depends on how much flour I spill in the kitchen.
16. Where do you usually spend your Christmas?
In the kitchen.
17. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Reindeer 1, Reindeer 2, Reindeer red nose, Reindeer Kris ate that one time. Pretty sure that’s all of them.
18. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
The one where I hide out in the bathroom to browse the internet and avoid family time.
19. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It’s real and it’s a beauty.
20. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I prefer to give gives because I give better gifts than I receive. See note above about lampshade.
21. Does your family have a special Christmas recipe you like to help make?
Yeah, it’s called ‘Kerri cooks all the Christmas dinner and we watch the TV and complain it’s late’.
22. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
Pro. But I fail at the sellotape, I like using sellotape. A lot.
24. Do you make New Year resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I made some last year, I actually don’t think we did too bad at sticking to them.
25. Favourite Christmas gift?
Toothbrush heads. Obviously. Dental hygiene and all that.
27. Favourite Christmas scent?
Does ‘peace & quiet’ have a smell?
28. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Complaining about all the driving I have to do and how I can’t be bothered to dress myself.
29. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
30. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
31. When does Christmas start for you?
When the tree is up. This year it was early, usually it’s Christmas Eve or a day before.
32. Do you bake a Christmas cake or buy one?
I tried to bake a Christmas cake once, but the icing failed. I then reasoned that because I don’t like Christmas cake, I don’t have to make one.
33. When do you start playing Christmas music?
34. Advent calendar or no advent calendar?
No advent calendar.
35. How does Santa get into your house?
36. Mince pies, yay or nay?
Yay all the way. Homemade yay all the way.
37. Snowballs, eggnog, or mulled wine?
Neither. Tea, as stated above.
Aren’t you grateful for all this knowledge. I tag no-one, let’s call it a truce.